District Recreation Fund
The Municipality of East Hants recognizes the importance and value of not-for-profit, community-based organizations. These organizations own or operate in facilities that provide recreational opportunities for East Hants residents. Funding is available to assist with completing projects that support the maintenance and enhancements to their assets.
District Recreation Funds are designated for projects pertaining to:
- Trail, park and playground development
- Indoor and outdoor sport and recreation facilities
- Community halls and recreation centers
- Improvements to facility grounds
- Maintenance Equipment (lawn mowers)
- Life-Cycle analysis and needs assessments
- Emergency Repairs at Council’s discretion
Application Deadlines: January 31 & April 30 – Applicants are encouraged to apply by January 31 as funds in this program are limited.
Contact the Community Recreation Coordinator to discuss your project and to request an application.
District Recreation Fund Policy