Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre
The Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre is a great place to visit during your exploration of East Hants.
There’s plenty of on-site opportunities to learn about the history of the region and the science of the world’s highest recorded tides.
Hours of Operation
Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre is currently closed and will re-open in mid-May 2020.
By phone: 902-261-2250
By email: email@example.com
Visit us at 9865 Highway 236, South Maitland
2019 Tidal Bore Schedule (mobile friendly)
Be inspired by the surrounding natural wonders of the Fundy Tides. (An insider tip: try to visit during low and high tides; tides fluctuate during the day and seasonally so ensure you check the 2019 Tidal Bore Schedule.)
- Explore the tidal observation park and interpretive centre – learn more about the history, facts & fun behind the world’s highest tides
- Don’t miss the Tidal Bore pass! Join us for our interpretive talk and see the river change direction and then rise 10 feet in the following 30 minutes
- Make sure you see both high and low tide from our tidal observation deck looking over the incredible Shubenacadie River
- Plan a nature walk on the trail, complete with opportunities for bird & eagle watching
- Learn more about the ecosystems of our region with the entire family through the Ducks Unlimited marsh program
- Learn things you never knew you knew with our tour guides and interpretative exhibits – facts and fun for the entire family!
Visit the Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre
Visit us at 9865 Highway 236, South Maitland. Just an hour from Halifax, the site is wheelchair accessible with plenty of parking; public washrooms and pets are welcome too. Day trips, group excursions or family fun days, the Interpretive Centre is the perfect way for family and friends of all ages to explore the magic of the Bay of Fundy. The 2019 schedule for Tidal Bore times is now available, be sure to not miss out on all the fun!