Aquatic Centre Schedule
PLEASE NOTE: The Aquatic Centre is currently CLOSED due to flooding impacts. An estimated re-open date is unknown.
- Phone: 902-758-3467
- Email: email@example.com
AGE POLICIES & GENERAL POLICIES
NEW: Transfers/substitutions of enrolment policy
Clients who have booked a drop-in activity (lane swim, aquafit) may switch up to 2 substitutes/transfers per booking time slot. When possible, one hour’s notice is preferred. Transfers can only be made for clients on the same household account. You cannot transfer your swim to someone else’s account.
“No Show” policy
If you book a drop-in swim or fitness class and do not show up within 10 minutes after start time, you will be removed from swim to allow for other participants to drop in. Please note: you can now call our customer service desk at least two hours before your booking to cancel or transfer yourself to a different swim time.
The aquatic centre is equipped with three change rooms.
- Children 7 years of age or younger must remain within arm’s reach of a parent or guardian (16+ years) at a ratio of 1 adult for every 2 children (7& under) in the Aquatic Centre.
- Youth 8-11 years old must have a parent or guardian in the building at all times.
- Children 12+ can swim on their own without an adult present.
- Children under the age of 3 are free with guardian admission.
Spa (Hot Tub)
- The spa (hot tub) is available during lane and open swims
- Children under the age of 12 are not allowed in the spa unless supervised by a person who is 16 years of age or older.
- The maximum capacity for our hot tub is 19 people at a time.
- There is a 15-minute time limit.
- You must be 1.2 metres tall to ride the water slide.
- Parental or adult supervision is recommended.
- No tubes, mats or life jackets permitted while riding the water slide.
- Our slide is to be used by one person at a time. You must wait until the person ahead of you has exited the slide before you may go.
- You must always go feet first.
- There is a 248 lb weight restriction.
- Our climbing wall can only be used by one person at a time.
- It is important that you look to make sure no one is below you when you drop.
- There is a 248 lb weight restriction.
- Each lane is designated a different speed: fast, medium, or slow. Consider your abilities relative to those already in the lane and decide on the lane in which you’d feel most comfortable.
- Always swim in a counter-clockwise direction, even if only two of you are in the lane. This will help ensure there is no confusion for anyone who wants to join your lane.
- No person infected with a communicable disease or having open sores on the body shall enter the pool.
- No food or beverage except water is permitted on the pool deck.
- Ensure you are not ill–including having conditions such as diarrhea, vomiting, open sores, bandages, head colds, discharging ears or noses, or ear infections.
- Persons with related symptoms should not enter the pool until 48 hours after cessation of these symptoms.
- No glass on the pool deck or in the pool.
- No person shall pollute the water in the pool in any manner.
- Spitting, spouting of water or blowing nose in the pool or on the deck is prohibited.
- No boisterous play.
- Anyone not toilet trained must wear water-resistant swimwear to prevent contamination of the pool. Cloth or disposable diapers are not accepted.
- Ensure all children and non-swimmers are supervised (within arm’s reach at all times) by a responsible person of at least 16 years of age.
- Outdoor footwear and strollers are not permitted on the pool deck.
- Personal toys/equipment (including flotation devices and mermaid tails) are not allowed. Should you or your child need floatation support for the pools we have lifejackets, PFDs, and flotations belts onsite, simply ask a lifeguard.
- Cameras are not allowed in the pool. You may take a photo on the side of the pool as long only your group is in the photo.