Parks, Recreation & Culture
The Parks, Recreation & Culture Department values a healthy, active, and community focused way of life for residents, visitors and businesses.
The department focuses on the following services:
- Programs and Activities – Programs, activities and special events delivered from the department.
- Funding – Various recreation grants to support community groups and youth.
- Volunteers – Support and Resources for volunteers and Volunteer Recognition
- Parks, Trails & Playgrounds – showcasing the parks, trails & walkways, playgrounds and waterways in East Hants.
- East Hants Swimming Pool – Aquatic programs and swimming lessons.
- Youth Sport and Recreation Funding Programs – Programs such as Canadian Tire Jumpstart and Kidsport.
Kate Friars – Director of Parks, Recreation & Culture
Evan MacDougall – Manager of Parks Development & Operations
Adam Clarkson – Manager of Aquatic Services
Corrine Giles – Program Coordinator
April MacLean – Tourism Development Officer
Pamela Mumford – Administrative Assistant
Gwen Campbell – Pool Administrative Assistant