Reading Your New Water Meter
To activate the LCD screen
Using an ordinary flashlight, shine the light over the panel above the display on the face of the meter for a few seconds. Once activated, the LCD display will alternate every few seconds from displaying the current meter reading to the current rate of flow.
How to measure consumption
To determine your daily consumption, complete these steps:
- Take the first reading at a set time of day.
- Take the second reading at the same time the next day.
- The difference between the readings is your daily consumption in cubic metres.
How to determine if you have an issue with consumption
Shows the direction of flow through the meter:
|LEAK INDICATOR Displays a possible leak:
|RATE OF FLOW
Average flow rate is displayed every twelve (12) seconds on LCD display.
Common causes of high consumption:
- Outside faucet, garden hose leak
- Toilet valve not sealed properly
- Toilet running
- Faucet in kitchen or bathrooms leaking
- Ice maker leaking
- Soaker hose in use
- Washing machine leaking
- Dishwasher leaking
- Leak between the water meter and house
- Hot water heater leaking
- Water-cooled air conditioner or heat pump
- Filling a swimming pool
- Any continuous use of water for 24 hours
For more information or to discuss your water bill, call 902.883.2299.