Infrastructure & Operations
The Infrastructure & Operations Department ensures that the infrastructure needs of both residents and businesses of East Hants are met in a reliable, sustainable, cost effective and environmentally responsible manner with opportunity for growth and community enhancement.
This is achieved by implementing the following objectives:
- Respond to inquiries, requests, and complaints in both a consistent and transparent manner.
- Educate the public about the services they are provided by the Municipality.
- Ensure the effective operation of sites managed and operated by the department.
- Meet environmental regulatory parameters by monitoring and updating systems to reflect current and future targets.
- Improve operational tasks by focusing on activities that provide the best value for tax payer funding.
- Ensure infrastructure is built and maintained in a reliable and cost effective manner.
- Respond appropriately to critical emergencies relating to operational services.