Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre
The opening date for Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre is delayed due to current public health guidelines. Check back regularly for updates.
The Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre is a great place to learn about the world-famous tidal bore while spending time outdoors and taking in some East Hants history.
Please note: the observation deck is currently closed until further notice. The Municipality is completing a maintenance review and has blocked off access to the observation deck.
Be inspired by the surrounding natural wonders of the Fundy tides. (An insider tip: if you plan to arrive to watch the tidal bore, arrive a little early to see low tide and return a few hours later to appreciate high tide and the amazing tidal range of the river!)
- Explore the tidal observation park and interpretive centre – learn more about the history, facts & fun behind the world’s highest tides
- Don’t miss the Tidal Bore pass by! Join us for our interpretive talk and see the river change direction and then rise 10 feet in the following 30 minutes (scroll down for a full list of our tide times!)
- Make sure you see both high and low tide from our tidal observation deck looking over the incredible Shubenacadie River
- Plan a nature walk on the trail, complete with opportunities for bird & eagle watching
- Learn more about the ecosystems of our region with the entire family through the Ducks Unlimited marsh program
- Learn things you never knew you knew with our tour guides and interpretative exhibits – facts and fun for the entire family!
Visit us at 9865 Highway 236, South Maitland. Just an hour from Halifax, the site is wheelchair accessible with plenty of parking; public washrooms and pets are welcome too. Day trips, group excursions or family fun days, the Interpretive Centre is the perfect way for family and friends of all ages to explore the magic of the Bay of Fundy.
By email: email@example.com
Visit us at 9865 Highway 236, South Maitland
2021 Tidal Bore Times