Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre
The Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre is open for the season! The Centre is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre is a great place to learn about the world-famous tidal bore while spending time outdoors and taking in some East Hants history.
Be inspired by the surrounding natural wonders of the Fundy tides. (An insider tip: if you plan to arrive to watch the tidal bore, arrive early to see low tide, and return after a few hours to appreciate high tide and the amazing range of the river!)
- Explore the tidal observation park and interpretive centre – learn more about the history, facts & fun behind the world’s highest tides
- Watch the tidal bore pass by! Join us for our interpretive talk and see the river change direction and then rise 10 feet in the following 30 minutes. Check the schedule above to plan your visit.
- Make sure you see both high and low tide from our tidal observation deck looking over the incredible Shubenacadie River
- Plan a nature walk on the trail, complete with opportunities for bird & eagle watching
- Learn more about the ecosystems of our region with the entire family through the Ducks Unlimited marsh program
- Learn things you never knew you knew with our tour guides and interpretative exhibits – facts and fun for the entire family!
Visit us at 9865 Highway 236, South Maitland. Just an hour from Halifax, the site is wheelchair accessible with plenty of parking; public washrooms and pets are welcome too. Day trips, group excursions or family fun days, the interpretive centre is the perfect way for family and friends of all ages to explore the magic of the Bay of Fundy.
The following areas are wheelchair accessible:
– The Interpretive Centre building via ramps at front and back doors
– Trail to the observation deck
– Parking Lot and pedestrian gate leading to the trails
– The caboose is not wheelchair accessible.
– The Wetlands Trail is fairly flat but is not groomed to be wheelchair accessible. Use at own discretion.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 902-261-2250
Visit us at 9865 Highway 236, South Maitland