Paying Tax and Water Bills
There are several ways you can pay your property tax and water bills:
- You can pay your property tax and/or water bill with a bank teller, Online Banking or by telephone with one of the major financial institutions in Canada.
- When paying by internet banking search for “East Hants” then select either Tax or Water.
Pre-Authorized Debit Plan
- You can set up a plan with us by filling out the Pre-Authorized Debit form.
- Applications are also available from the Finance Department at the Lloyd E Matheson Building in Elmsdale.
- You can pay by cheque or money order through the mail system.
- Please make your cheque or money order payable to The Municipality of East Hants. Please write the SAP number on the front of your cheque or money order.
Drop Off Payment
- You can pay in person at the Lloyd E Matheson Building in the Elmsdale Business Park at Suite 170, 15 Commerce Court, Elmsdale. N.S. by dropping off payment in the beige drop off slot available at the left side glass door or by visiting our reception desk.
- The Municipality of East Hants has teamed up with epost™ – Canada Post’s safe, secure, and free way to receive and pay your East Hants property tax and/or water bill, along with other bills and statements like your assessment notice, phone, cable, and more – in one secure place, online.