Paying Tax and Water Bills
There are several ways you can pay your property tax and water bills:
- You can pay your property tax and/or water bill with a bank teller, Online Banking or by telephone with one of the major financial institutions in Canada.
- When paying by internet banking search for “East Hants” then select either Tax or Water.
Pre-Authorized Debit Plan
- You can set up a plan with us by filling out the Pre-Authorized Debit form.
- Applications are also available from the Finance Department at the Lloyd E Matheson Building in Elmsdale.
- You can pay by cheque or money order through the mail system.
- Please make your cheque or money order payable to The Municipality of East Hants. Please write the SAP number on the back of your cheque or money order.
- You can pay in person at the Lloyd E Matheson Building in the Elmsdale Business Park at Suite 170, 15 Commerce Court, Elmsdale. N.S.
- Office hours are 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- A beige drop off slot is available at the left side glass door.
- The Municipality of East Hants has teamed up with epost™ – Canada Post’s safe, secure, and free way to receive and pay your East Hants property tax and/or water bill, along with other bills and statements like your assessment notice, phone, cable, and more – in one secure place, online.