Official social media accounts for the Municipality of East Hants have been created to actively share information, images and video that educate and promote programs and services that benefit our stakeholders.
Follow or like these social media accounts to get up-to-date information:
Social Media Usage Guidelines
For any matter that is confidential, or too complicated for posting to the public, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals interacting with Municipality of East Hants social accounts are solely responsible for their comments, opinions and other materials posted. The Municipality of East Hants does not endorse, nor is it responsible for, any of the postings, comments or opinions on these sites posted by others and expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with individual posts.
Protect the identity of yourself and others by not including any personal information (addresses, phone numbers, and pictures of individuals or email addresses) in your posts or comments on our social media accounts.
The Municipality of East Hants strongly encourages users of our social media accounts to be respectful of their fellow users at all times. Offensive or abusive comments or comments using profanity will not be tolerated. The Municipality has the sole discretion to remove content from our social media channels and reserves the right to monitor and remove, edit or refuse comments that meet any of the following conditions:
- contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or life-threatening messages
- serious, unproven or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations
- aggressive, coarse, violent, obscene, or pornographic comments
- messages where the sender is not the author
- messages for advertising purposes
- messages that are political or partisan in nature
- unintelligible or irrelevant messages
- names an employee of the Municipality
Repeated breach of these guidelines will result in the user being reported to the associated social media platform.
Social media accounts are periodically monitored Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Atlantic time). Posting and responses deemed necessary will typically occur during those hours. If there is an immediate need, social media is not the preferred method to contact the Municipality. Here is a list of contacts for the Municipality of East Hants.
Other Terms and Conditions
Comments and images used on official Municipality of East Hants social media accounts are also subject to the Terms and Conditions of the owners of the social media platform:
- East Hants uses YouTube API services