Why Choose East Hants
East Hants is an ideal location to grow your business. Conveniently located 30 minutes outside Halifax, Nova Scotia, East Hants offers a connected location, cost advantages, people & growth, and unbeatable quality of life.
Want to learn more about doing business in East Hants?
Explore our Commercial Property and Business Parks.
Fast and easy access to Nova Scotia and beyond
In East Hants, you have access to one of the best-connected locations in Atlantic Canada. East Hants is directly located along Nova Scotia’s major Highways 101 and 102, only 30 minutes from the City of Halifax, and is a key part of the Halifax-Moncton Corridor. With some of the best access to domestic and international markets, businesses in East Hants can easily access over 470,000 consumers within a one-hour drive.
- 10 minutes from the Halifax International Airport
- 35 minutes from the Port of Halifax
- 3 business parks located along Nova Scotia’s major highways
- Digitally connected – more than 97% of homes and businesses will have access to high speed internet in Nova Scotia
“Clayton Developments Limited has identified East Hants as an ideal community for investment. With its close proximity to Halifax, the international airport and an abundance of amenities, it is well positioned for residential and commercial growth. ”
Jason Brunt, President, Clayton Developments Limited
Fuel your business’ success
East Hants provides competitive commercial development and workforce costs. Significant cost savings will benefit your business and allow your dollars to go further.
- East Hants business park real estate is on average 70% lower than the nearby Halifax market (2019)
- East Hants average business park lot sale price is $1.75/sq ft
- We help you identify Provincial and Federal incentives to grow your business
- We minimize red tape and work to find solutions for you
People and Growth
East Hants is young and growing
The best is yet to come. East Hants is home to one of the youngest and fastest growing populations in Atlantic Canada, providing businesses with access to a productive and highly skilled workforce. Our proximity to population centres like Halifax and Truro allows you to draw on the largest workforce in the region within a short commute.
- Over 28% of East Hants population in under the age of 25 (2018)
- Second-highest population growth next to Halifax in Nova Scotia (2016)
- +13% growth in the last 20 years (2019)
- Population of East Hants and Sipekne’katik First Nation is over 24,000 (2019)
- Direct access to Nova Scotia’s talent pipeline with 10 Universities and 13 Community College Campuses within a one-hour drive
- Highly skilled workforce with over 50% of East Hants residents having a degree or diploma beyond high school
Quality of Life
Welcoming, supportive and authentic
East Hants provides a renowned quality of life where people get to enjoy the perfect blend of rural and urban lifestyles. You can live, raise a family, and build a business here and succeed at it.
- Nearly 50% of East Hants residents spend less than 30 minutes commuting to work
- The median household income is nearly $73,000 (2016)
- The average price of a home is $250,000 (2018)