Community Recreation Facilities COVID-19 Funding
Recreation facilities and community halls are the main gathering places in East Hants and are key to social connectedness and creating a sense of community. COVID-19 has placed hardships on many organizations operating these facilities. The Municipality values the organizations and volunteers who operate these facilities which contribute to our Strong Community providing a great place to live, work and play.
Municipal Council has created a one-time COVID-19 Relief Grant Program to assist organizations who operate recreation facilities and community halls to keep the doors open.
- Not for Profit organizations that operate recreation facilities (with buildings) and community halls in East Hants that are registered with Nova Scotia Registry of Joint Stocks or Charitable Status.
- Volunteer fire departments with community halls operating within the boundaries of the Municipality of East Hants whose assessment base is less than $75 million.
- Organizations that have received COVID-19 Relief funding from other levels of government.
- Expenses related to operating parks, playgrounds, and trails.
- Expenses covered by municipal operating grants are not eligible.
- Basic Hall Support Grant – $500 (simplified application process)
- Community Halls maximum $2,500 funding
- Multi-use Recreation Facility maximum $10,000 funding
Application Submission Deadline: April 1st, 2021 – After the applications are processed Council may be able to support additional qualifying groups if budgeted funds are not fully expended.
For more program details and requirements download the COVID-19 Relief Application and Guidelines
Questions or More Information Contact:
Catherine Jobin, Community Development Coordinator