Community Development Services
Volunteers in East Hants play a central role in the development and delivery of community recreation, sport and culture opportunities.
If you are:
- a non-profit organization
- a community group
- a group of residents with a community project in mind
We want to help!
Our community development services aim to help volunteer groups in East Hants grow to their fullest potential. We link arms with you and help provide the tools, resources and connections you need to complete projects, overcome obstacles and explore opportunities.
The assistance we provide covers a range of needs, including:
- Optimizing meetings
- Board governance
- Training volunteers
- Strategic planning
- Leadership development
- Sharing and understanding information
- Finding financial (grants, fundraising & sponsorship) and human resources
- Connections to other supports
- Assist establishing a new nonprofit
Self Assessment Checklist for Groups
Volunteer groups can use this checklist as starting place for evaluation of your community group or association. Consider how your group/association/board/committee would answer each question. Share your thoughts with other members of your group, and/or discuss at a board meeting. Reach out for help with any of these categories, or for a general review with Community Development Coordinator.
How we can help:
Connect with us
The first step is to get in touch with our Community Development Coordinator by email or call at 902-883-2152. We will work with you to help in whatever way we can.
We have flexible meeting times, available in the evenings as well as during the day to accommodate your schedule. Meeting in person is the best way to discuss your goals, challenges and opportunities.
Finding Resources and Connections
Once we have established what your needs are, we find information, tools and resources for your specific situation. We also provide information and introductions to get you in contact with appropriate people, programs and supports.
Going forward, we will remain in contact with you to ensure that you have everything you need to flourish! We want to see you succeed.
For more information and to inquire contact the Community Development Coordinator.
Community Development E-Newsletter
Our Community Development e-Newsletter is packed full of resources, tools and upcoming events to help you as a volunteer and your volunteer group.
Check out previous e-newsletters below:
- April 2023: Volunteer Week Special Edition Newsletter
- January 2023: Winter 2023 Newsletter
- October 2022: Fall 2022 E-Newsletter
- August 30, 2022: Summer 2022 E-Newsletter
- April 5, 2022: Spring 2022 E-Newsletter
- February 12, 2022: Volunteer Recognition Nomination & New Funding Opportunities