2020 Dog Tags Now Available
Don’t Forget About Your Best Friend
If you own a dog in East Hants, you need to get a licence. Not only is it a municipal bylaw, it’s protection for your pet.
Q. How does licensing my dog help?
Lost dogs not wearing a licence have a much more difficult time being reunited with their families.
Having a tag on your dog’s collar will enable the Dog Control Officer to quickly return your pet to you if he or she gets lost.
A. What happens if you find a dog without a tag?
If a dog is found without a tag and we are unable to locate the owner, they will be held for three days. If, after three days, the owner is not found, the dog is given to the local SPCA for adoption.
Q. How long is a licence good for and how much does it cost?
A license is good for one year, from January to December, and costs $12.00.
Q. How can I get a licence for my dog?
Licenses can be purchased in one of three ways:
- At the Municipal Office at 15 Commerce Court, Elmsdale, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday.
- Complete the Registration Form and mail it to us with your payment. Your tag will be sent to you in the mail.
- Licenses can also be purchased at:
- Elmsdale Animal Hospital (654 Highway 2, Elmsdale)
- Crazy Dog Dehydrated Treats (75 Richard John Drive, Mount Uniacke)
- East Hants Animal Hospital (202 Highway 214)
- NS SPCA Dartmouth Shelter, 5 Scarfe Court, Dartmouth
- NS SPCA Colchester Shelter, 408 Industrial Avenue, Truro
- Mail your form and payment to: Box 230, Suite 170 15 Commerce Court, Elmsdale, NS B2S 3K5
As a responsible pet owner, it is your responsibility to ensure your dog has a valid licence. You don’t want to lose your best friend!