To have an event listed on the Municipality of East Hants Community Calendar of Events, please click on the button below to submit your event information.
Please note: It can take up to four business days before your event shows in the calendar. If, for some reason, we are unable to post your event, we will respond to your submission email and let you know.
The Municipality of East Hants’ Community Calendar serves as a tool for the municipality and public to post information regarding activities, programs, meetings, events and festivals on the municipal Calendar of Events.
The Municipality of East Hants welcomes all community groups to submit their events to the Calendar of Events. The Municipality of East Hants welcomes submissions of events and will apply the following principles:
- All events submitted will be subject to approval by the Municipality of East Hants to ensure that they meet the intent of the criteria for inclusion on the Calendar of Events.
- The Municipality will do its best to review the submitted event within three business days and to post to the website within four days.
- The Municipality reserves the right to accept or reject any event submitted.
- The Municipality reserves the right to edit event information for length, spelling, language and clarity.
- The Municipality reserves the right to limit the number of postings from one organization and to reject any postings deemed offensive, inappropriate or not in the public’s interest or in conflict with the intent of the criteria for inclusion on the Calendar of Events or the Mission and Vision of the Municipality of East Hants.
To be considered for publication an event submission must be accompanied by a name and contact information of an individual from the event organizing committee. Anonymous postings of events will not be published.
Decisions on whether or not to add, remove or deny the posting of an event to the Municipality’s community calendar will be made at the discretion of the Municipality.
The Municipality of East Hants does not endorse or make any representation or warranty, expressed or implied, concerning the accuracy, quality or reliability of information posted on its website or printed events calendar that has been submitted by a member of the public.
The Municipality of East Hants reserves the right to post any additional events to its calendar that it deems to be in the community interest; and to refuse to post or remove any event on its website calendar at any time without notice.
Events submitted/posted on the East Hants Community Calendar must be open to the general public, occur within the geographic boundaries of the Municipality of East Hants and meet one of the following criteria:
- Organized or funded by another order of government.
- Organized by a government-funded agency or board.
- Hosted or organized by an agency identified as eligible for a grant under the Municipality’s Grant Program Policy (not required to have applied or received a grant).
- Funded in full, or in part, by the Municipality of East Hants.
- Event sponsored by the Municipality of East Hants.
- Organized by a registered non-profit society or charitable organization (registered charitable number) that operates within the Municipality of East Hants.
- Organized by a service club operating within the Municipality of East Hants performing work that benefits residents.
Submissions will not be published on the Calendar of Events if they (any one):
- Are commercial in nature and, in the Municipality’s sole opinion, are attempting to advertise, promote or sell products or services of an individual or an individual business;
- Promote, exhibit, illustrate or manifest hate or obscene/pornographic/sexual content of any kind;
- Do not comply with municipal, provincial or federal legislation;
- Promote an individual religion or religious service;
- Promote partisanship or an individual political agenda.
For more information, please contact the Municipality of East Hants at 902-883-2299 ext. 219 or email firstname.lastname@example.org