East Hants Aquatic Centre: Operational Update July 21, 2021
July 21, 2021: The East Hants Aquatic Centre is currently open with safety measures and capacity limits in place to follow public health restrictions. This week, the facility is increasing certain capacity limits and opening up facility rentals for the pool and community room (which means pool parties!).
- NEW Pool/Birthday Parties: effective July 31 – restrictions have loosened enough to allow pool parties! Booking for parties will open on July 23 at 12 noon for Saturdays and Sundays running July 31 through August 29. Booking for dates beyond August 29 will open with fall program registration on August 25. Click here to learn more.
- Aquafit & Gentle Functional Fitness: effective July 23 – Capacity limits for Shallow Aquafit and Aqua Zumba will remain at a max of 35 participants.
- Lane Swimming: effective July 23 – Our lane swimming capacity will increase to three people per lane. Social distancing is required. Swimmers must choose the lane that matches their speed and swim in a counter-clockwise direction.
- Open Swims: effective July 23 – will increase to a maximum capacity of 80 people with social distancing measures in place. You do not have to social distance from those who you booked with.
The facility is open regular hours:
Monday to Friday 6 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sunday 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Splash pad hours: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week.
Our fee structure remains as follows:
|DROP-IN FEE||10-PUNCH PASS|
|Child under 3 years of age:||$0.00 (Free with parent/guardian)|
|Household (up to two adults and up to five children living at the same address)||$15.00||$135.00|
Prices above do not include tax.
Please follow physical distancing everywhere on property (including the splash pad) and keep a distance of 6 feet from other visitors at all times.
Masks are to be worn by parents and anyone on pool deck not in programs (unless the child is under 2 or there are underlying medical concerns).
- If you are spectating and not swimming, please find a socially distanced space identified in yellow tape along the pool deck.
- We recommend you wear your swimsuit to the facility to limit changing or showering unless necessary.
- We recommend only one guardian per participant.
- If your child is feeling ill, they are not permitted to attend their program. Call 811 for directions.
- If you are feeling ill but your child is not sick, they can still attend their program if someone else brings them.
- All personal belongings must remain in lockers. You are permitted to bring your towel onto the pool deck.
If you book a drop-in activity (open swim, lane, or aquafit), you may switch up to two substitutes/transfers per booking time slot. When possible, one hour’s notice is preferred. You can only switch out for clients in the same household account. You cannot transfer your booking to someone else’s account.
If you book a drop-in swim or fitness class and do not show up within 10 minutes after start time, you will be removed from swim to allow for other participants to drop in. Please note: you can now call our customer service desk at least two hours before your booking to cancel or transfer yourself to a different swim time.
- Children 7 years of age or younger must remain within arm’s reach of a parent or guardian (16+ years) at a ratio of 1 adult for every 2 children (7& under) in the Aquatic Centre.
- Youth 8-11 years old must have a parent or guardian in the building at all times.
- Children 12+ can swim on their own without an adult present.
- Children under the age of 3 are free with guardian admission.
Spa (Hot Tub)
- The spa (hot tub) is available during lane and open swims
- Children under the age of 12 are not allowed in the spa unless supervised by a person who is 16 years of age or older.
- The maximum capacity for our hot tub is 19 people at a time.
- There is a 15-minute time limit.
- You must be 1.2 metres tall to ride the water slide.
- Parental or adult supervision is recommended.
- NO tubes, mats or life jackets permitted while riding the water slide.
- Our slide is to be used by one person at a time. You must wait until the person ahead of you has exited the slide before you may go.
- You must always go feet first.
- There is a 248 lb weight restriction.
- Our climbing wall can only be used by one person at a time.
- It is important that you look to make sure no one is below you when you drop.
- There is a 248 lb weight restriction.
- Each lane is designated a different speed: fast, medium, or slow. Consider your abilities relative to those already in the lane and decide on the lane in which you’d feel most comfortable.
- Always swim in a counter-clockwise direction, even if only two of you are in the lane. This will help ensure there is no confusion for anyone who wants to join your lane.
- No person infected with a communicable disease or having open sores on the body shall enter the pool.
- No food or beverage except water is permitted on the pool deck.
- Ensure you are not ill–including having conditions such as diarrhea, vomiting, open sores, bandages, head colds, discharging ears or noses, or ear infections.
- Persons with related symptoms should not enter the pool until 48 hours after cessation of these symptoms.
- No person shall bring a glass container onto the deck or into the pool.
- No person shall pollute the water in the pool in any manner.
- Spitting, spouting of water or blowing nose in the pool or on the deck is prohibited.
- No person shall engage in boisterous play in or about the pool.
- Anyone not toilet trained must wear water-resistant swimwear to prevent contamination of the pool. Cloth or disposable diapers are not accepted.
- Ensure all children and non-swimmers are supervised (within arm’s reach at all times) by a responsible person of at least 16 years of age.
- Outdoor footwear and strollers are not permitted on the pool deck.