East Hants Aquatic Centre: Operational Update
Updated: January 26, 2021
The East Hants Aquatic Centre is currently open with safety measures and capacity limits in place to follow public health restrictions.
The facility is open regular hours:
Monday to Friday 6:00 am – 9:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Sunday 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Lane Swimming: Effective January 28, 2021 – Our lane swimming capacity will increase to two people per lane. Social distancing is required. Swimmers are required to start on opposite ends of the pool and must stay on their side of the lane.
- Aquafit & Gentle Functional Fitness: Effective January 28, 2021 – Capacity limites for Shallow Aquafit and Aqua Zumba will increase to a max of 30 participants. We have added a new Shallow Aquafit Class starting on Wednesday, February 3 at 11:35 am. Gentle Functional Fitness on Thursdays is now in the lap pool to accommodate for additional space.
- Open Swims remain limited to 50 people with social distancing in place. You do not have to social distance from those who you booked with.
Any questions? Talk to a member of our aquatics team at 902-758-3467.
Click here for schedule & booking
Our fee structure remains as follows:
|DROP-IN FEE||10-PUNCH PASS|
|Child under 3 years of age:||$0.00 (Free with parent/guardian)|
|Household (up to two adults and up to five children living at the same address)||$15.00||$135.00|
Prices above do not include tax. Memberships are also available – click here to learn more about membership.
Leftover punch passes and day passes purchased for the Milford Pool may be exchanged at face value for use at the East Hants Aquatic Centre by January 31, 2021.
Other procedures that remain in effect:
Masks are to be worn by parents and anyone on pool deck not in programs (unless child is under 2 or there are underlying medical concerns).
- If you are spectating and not swimming, please find a social distance space identified in red tape along the pool deck.
- We recommend you wear your swimsuit to the facility to limit changing or showering unless necessary.
- We recommend only one guardian per participant.
- If your child is feeling ill, they are not permitted to attend their program. Call 811 for directions.
- If you are feeling ill but your child is not sick, they can still attend their program if someone else brings them.
- All personal belongings must remain in lockers (includes towels).
“No Show” Policy
If you book a drop-in swim or fitness class and do not show up within 10 minutes after start time, you will be removed from swim to allow for other participants to drop in. Please note: you can now call our customer service desk at least two hours before your booking to cancel or transfer yourself to a different swim time.
Spa (Hot Tub) – currently available during lane & open swims, and will not exceed an occupancy of 10 people. It is advised that you spend no longer than 15 minutes in the Spa.
Birthday Parties – Unfortunately, we are still unable to offer birthday parties. Due to the social distancing requirements allowed in community rooms and restrictions on food sharing, this service will not available until future direction by the Province of Nova Scotia.