East Hants Aquatic Centre: Operational Update
Published: November 9, 2020
The East Hants Aquatic Centre is pleased to share updates taking effect related to memberships, hours, and family pricing.
As more users are welcomed into the aquatic centre and capacity limits have increased, we are excited to be introducing memberships for purchase. Starting on November 12 at 10:00 am, users will be able to sign up for one-month, three-month, and one-year memberships as an individual or a household. Fees for the facility were set in 2019 before the original planned opening. Review the fee structure and more information here. Plus, until December 12, memberships will be offered at a special early bird discount of 10% off.
Details about membership:
- Due to capacity limits still in place, members will still need to pre-book visits online, over the phone, or in person in order to reserve their swim. Once a membership is purchased, it will be linked to your online account and you will not be charged when booking any services included under your membership.
- Memberships will be available for purchase online (credit card only) or at the aquatic centre (credit, debit or cash). Annual memberships may also be divided into recurring monthly payments (this option is available by credit card only). To apply the 10% early bird discount online, type in promo code: weliveit
- When purchasing a household membership, please contact the aquatic centre to assign all household members to your account. A household membership includes up to two adults and up to five children living at the same address.
- As we follow limited capacity due to Covid-19, we want to ensure that as many users are able to enjoy our facility as possible. Booking a swim and then not attending is a disadvantage to other users who could have signed up. Giving proper notice if you cannot attend enables the aquatic centre to release the space back to other interested users.
- If you can no longer attend an event for which you have booked, please call the aquatic centre or visit the front desk to cancel at least two hours before the booking is scheduled to start.
- If a member does not show up for a swim for which they have booked, a warning will be issued.
- Multiple “no shows” may lead to suspension of membership.
In addition, as of November 12, our fee structure will be updated as follows:
|DROP-IN FEE||10-PUNCH PASS (NEW!)|
|Child under 3 years of age:||$0.00 (Free with parent/guardian)|
|Household (up to two adults and up to five children living at the same address)||$15.00||$135.00|
Prices above do not include tax.
Leftover punch passes and day passes purchased for the Milford Pool may be exchanged at face value for use at the East Hants Aquatic Centre by December 31, 2020. Contact the aquatic centre (902-758-3467) for details.
New East Hants Aquatic Centre hours starting Sunday, November 15:
- Monday to Friday – 6:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Saturday – 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Sunday – 8:00 am to 5:30 pm
Other procedures that remain in effect:
Masks are to be worn by parents and anyone on pool deck not in programs (unless child is under 2 or there are underlying medical concerns).
- If you are spectating and not swimming, please find a social distance space identified in red tape along the pool deck.
- We recommend you wear your swimsuit to the facility to limit changing or showering unless necessary.
- We recommend only one guardian per participant.
- If your child is feeling ill, they are not permitted to attend their program. Call 811 for directions.
- If you are feeling ill but your child is not sick, they can still attend their program if someone else brings them.
- All personal belongings must remain in lockers (includes towels).
“No Show” Policy
If you book a drop-in swim or fitness class and do not show up within 10 minutes after start time, you will be removed from swim to allow for other participants to drop in. Please note: you can now call our customer service desk at least two hours before your booking to cancel or transfer yourself to a different swim time.
Open Swims currently allow up to 50 people. Please note, different features of the aquatic centre are available during open swims, and the schedule varies between the following types:
- Open Swim (Leisure Pool)
This swim will be limited to only the leisure pool.
- Open Swim (Both Pools)
This swim will be open for both leisure pool and/or lap pool.
- Open Swim (Both Pools + Climbing Wall/Diving Board)
Open Swim for both leisure pool and/or lap pool that has the climbing wall open and/or Diving Board.
- Open Swim (Both Pools + Waterslide)
Open Swim for both leisure pool and/or lap pool that has the water slide open.
Lane Swims – currently have a capacity of three people per lane.
Speed signs will be on deck for each lane. All swimmers are required to swim in counter clockwise circle swimming direction. This will be enforced by the lifeguards.
Spa (Hot Tub) – currently available during lane & open swims, and will not exceed an occupancy of 10 people. It is advised that you spend no longer than 15 minutes in the Spa.
Aqua fitness – currently Shallow and Zumba Aquafit classes have a limit of 30 people. Gentle Function Fitness have a limit of up to 10 people.
Birthday Parties – Unfortunately, we are still unable to offer birthday parties. Due to the social distancing requirements allowed in community rooms and restrictions on food sharing, this service will not available until future direction by the Province of Nova Scotia.