Warden Smith COVID-19 Message
March 31, 2020
Yesterday, the NS Minister of Justice issued a Directive to Municipal Police Forces and RCMP to immediately escalate their efforts from public education to enforcement of the Emergency Management Act and Public Health Orders. Our RCMP will be following this directive. They are patrolling our parks and our communities and they are ready to respond as needed.
Now is the time for our community to come together apart. We need to support each other, the businesses, organizations and people directly affected by COVID-19.
But now is not the time to gather in our parks or playgrounds or trails. Now is not the time to shame anyone inflicted with COVID-19 or their employer.
We have brave people who continue to provide essential services to us during this most difficult time. They need our support, not judgment.
Please continue to follow the advice of Public Health by:
- Reducing contact with other people.
- Limit social gatherings to no more than 5 people.
- Practice good hand hygiene.
- Use cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Clean high-touch surfaces and objects often.
- Stay home unless you absolutely need to go out. If you need to be out, pay attention to those around you and maintain the 6 feet of spacing required.
As I have said before many times, East Hants is an amazing community and we look out for each other. Please continue to do so and check on your neighbours, family and friends. Let’s live it!
Warden Jim Smith
Municipality of East Hants