Recreation Equipment kits are supplied with pieces of sport and leisure equipment for the purpose of creating a more physically active community! Equipment is available for those in the East Hants area.
• Kits can be borrowed for a maximum of one (1) week at a time.
• Borrowers are encouraged to call to reserve equipment prior to pick up.
• Borrowers are responsible for equipment while in thier care.
• Payment to be made on same day as pick up.
• Not For Profit Groups and Schools: Free of cost
• Individuals and Businesses: $2.00/day or $10.00/week
*Snowshoes – $2.00/day per pair or $10.00/week per pair
Equipment Available for Borrowing:
- Snow Shoes (various sizes)
- Igloo Blocks
- Lacrosse (sticks and balls)
- Softball (mask, helmets, bat, balls)
- Leisure Time Kit (various balls and frisbees)
- Soccer balls
- Floor Hockey (sticks, pucks, balls)
- Skipping Ropes
- Boundary Markers/Pylons
- Life Jackets
- Badminton Racquets
- Pickleball (racquets, balls, net)
Adaptive Recreation Equipment
The Adaptive Recreation Equipment Loan Program is a new resource for families of children and youth who have a physical disability and/or individuals who would benefit from its use. This equipment will provide opportunities to borrow a variety of equipment to experience new leisure pursuits.
If your child is interested in borrowing a piece of equipment for the first time, we recommend that you contact Recreation Therapy – Pediatric Rehabilitation at the IWK Health Centre for an initial assessment at (902) 470-3840.
- Equipment is loaned on a first come, first served basis
- Please book at least a week in advance of use.
- Borrow for up to 2 weeks at a time.
- Cost to borrow is only $20 (annual maintenance fund).
Please contact your local recreation department for more information.
Town of Truro: (902) 893-6078
Municipality of Colchester: (902) 897-3155
Municipality of East Hants: (902) 883-3387
Village of Bible Hill: (902) 893-8083
Town of Stewiacke: (902) 639-2231
How to borrow a kit:
Please call in advance to book equipment:
Department of Parks, Recreation & Culture
Phone: 902-883-3387 Toll Free: 1-866-758-2299