Ready to Move
Join us for an active start and learn the fundamental movement skills in this fun physical activity program for preschool aged children and parents or caregivers. This program is led by an activity coach to guide you through the skills and games.
Ages: 3—5 year olds
Next Program: Fridays starting September 22, 2017 9:30am – 10:30am for 8 weeks
Location: East Hants Sportsplex Dome
The program will:
- Provide preschool aged children the opportunity to develop fundamental movement skills important for entering elementary school and sports.
- Educate parents on the importance of physical literacy and how to incorporate it into daily life.
Fundamental Movement Skills:
The skills that form a basis for future sport skill development and for the life-long enjoyment of physical activity.
- Locomotor Skills: running, galloping, jumping, hopping, skipping & leaping.
- Ball Skills: catching, throwing, kicking & striking.
- Balance Skills: Static positions using various parts of the body.
- All of these skills will be achieved through fun activities, music and games!