Household Hazardous Waste and Paper Shred Event
Are you looking to securely destroy your confidential papers or are you cleaning up from all your summer jobs, getting ready for winter and have leftover cleaners, solvents and chemicals you want to dispose?
East Hants is hosting two (2) solid waste community events this fall — Residential Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) mobile drop-off and Paper Shredding.
WHEN & WHERE
Saturday, September 29th, 2018 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Mount Uniacke Fire Department (654 Highway #1, Mount Uniacke)
Sunday, September 30, 2018 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Lloyd E. Matheson Centre Parking Lot (15 Commerce Court, Elmsdale)
DETAILS: Residential Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off
1. To improve traffic flow at our events, we are asking residents to please complete the pre-registration form.
2. The following outlines how to bring your materials to us:
- Ensure all containers are sealed securely.
- Transport materials in the trunk of your car or back of your truck.
- Bring materials in open-topped boxes (we can return these to you).
- Please make sure all propane tanks have the valves closed and that there is plenty of ventilation in your vehicle.
- We recommend you wear gloves when handling products.
- Follow traffic signs and instructions at the mobile events to ensure the safety of everyone.
3. The following will not be accepted at the events.
- Explosives, fireworks, and ammunition
- Empty paint cans (please put out for regular collection)
- Medical waste
- PCB containing products & radioactive waste
- Commercial waste or any unknown waste (anything without a label)
- A year-round option for your residential household hazardous waste is at the East Hants Waste Management Centre (1306 Georgefield Road; 1-888-873-3332)
- Residents can contact their oil retailer for used drop-off locations. Retail locations that sell oil must either receive or provide drop-off options.
- Leftover paint can be taken to any ENVIRO-DEPOT™ free of charge.
DETAILS: Paper Shredding Drop-Off
With consumer fraud and identity theft on the rise, East Hants wants to provide an opportunity for residents to have their confidential documents destroyed.
LIMITS: 10 filing boxes or 5 recycling bags of paper
NOTES: Please note we cannot accept:
- Hardcover books
- Wet or moist paper
- Electronic media (like CDs)
Please follow traffic signs and instructions at the events to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
Click here to sign up for regular collection notifications and service alerts: