Community Winter Warmer Event
The Solid Waste team is pleased to continue our partnership with the Community Offering Assistance Together Association to collect winter clothing for those in need across the community. In 2021, over 500 items were collected. Can you help us beat that number?
All ages and sizes will be accepted:
- Gently used winter coats, snow pants/suits
- Hats, gloves/mitts
- Items with minor damage (small rip, tear, broken zippers) will be accepted
- New for this year: sleeping bags, queen/double comforters, socks and yarn for making mittens
Throughout the month of October, a number of locations will be set up to collect donations:
- Lloyd E. Matheson Centre, 15 Commerce Court, Elmsdale (Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Lantz Fire Department (Available anytime using the outside drop-off bin)
- Milford Fire Department (Wednesday nights from 7:30 – 8:30 p.m.)
- Elmsdale Fire Department (Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Wednesdays 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
- Nine Mile River & District Fire Department (Wednesday nights from 7 – 8:30 p.m.)
- Household Hazardous Waste Event, Mount Uniacke Fire Hall (October 15, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.)
- Household Hazardous Waste Event, Lloyd E. Matheson Centre Parking Lot, 15 Commerce Court, Elmsdale (October 22, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.)
Picked up something from last year’s event that is now outgrown? Why not consider re-donating it this year!
Anyone in need of winter wear items, or looking to donate winter wear items, can contact C.O.A.T. by phone at 902-221-3396 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.