The arrival of weekly flyers can be a welcome tool for planning grocery shopping or finding the best deals for a hobby or reno project. For others, flyers are an unnecessary addition to their mail delivery.
Reduce and Reuse Your Flyers
- Consider switching to the online versions of flyers to reduce paper and packaging waste
- Alternatively, reuse your flyers – they are great as green cart liners or surface protection during messy crafts
- Please remember that any plastic bag your flyers come in must go in your blue bag #2 (containers) and not the green cart
Want to Opt-Out?
You are able to Opt-Out by contacting your local distributor directly, or you can post a sign in your window or on your mailbox that says ‘No Flyers’.
Contact your flyer distributor to be removed from the distribution list*
- SaltWire Network – 1-800-565-3339
- Provides list of all their publications and details for each
- Provides a form to be submitted to stop flyers
- Flyer Services Ltd – 902-678-9217
*If neither of the distributors above service your area there should be identifying information within your flyer pack for the company to contact*
Unaddressed Advertising – Contact Canada Post
- To stop getting unaddressed advertising, simply put a note on your mailbox stating that you do not wish to receive Canada Post Neighbourhood Mail™. It can be placed in or on your mailbox, or on the inside lip of your community mailbox, group mailbox or postal box.
- Note: There are some material that Canada Post cannot stop delivering, please check the website link above for more details.