5 bags of garbage (black or green bags only)
8 bags/bundles of recyclables (blue or clear bags only)
1 organics (green cart)
Additional Eligible Material (per collection)
- maximum of 3 large items (example: bed, chair, sofa)
- 1 ‘white good’ or appliance
- maximum of 3 metal items (example: bike, small appliance, bed frame)
- maximum of 1 TV or computer and 1 cardboard box 1 ft x 1 ft x 2 ft of electronics
- maximum of 6 cardboard boxes or paper leaf bags with leaf and yard waste
- maximum of 5 bundles of brush (a bundle = 2 ft x 2 ft x 4 ft; maximum weight = 35 lbs)
- 1 bundle of cardboard = 1 bag of recyclables
- 1 bundle of cardboard = 2 ft x 3 ft x 1 ft
- Garbage & Recycling bags
- maximum weight = 55 lbs
- maximum bag size = 1 meter long when empty (about 3 ft)
- Appliances with CFC gases are managed by trained staff at the East Hants Waste Management Centre, therefore there is no requirement for removal prior to collection.
- Materials are collected using various vehicles, therefore not all material will be picked up at the same time. If you have materials still curbside at 6 pm on your collection day please call the Solid Waste Hotline 1-888-873-3332 and leave your name, number, and brief message and staff will follow-up with you the next business day.
- Material must be curbside for collection by 7:00 a.m.
- Loose garbage in collection boxes will not be collected
- Unsorted waste will not be collected
- To report a lost or damaged organics (green) cart call the Solid Waste Hotline at 1-888-873-3332.
- New homes will receive organics (green) carts and services once a copy of the Municipal Occupancy Permit is issued. You do not need to provide this document, it is sent directly to the Solid Waste Division.
To find your collection day enter your civic address in the “My Schedule” tool below. This tool will also allow you to set-up reminders by email, text, twitter, or even get a phone call.