Annual Compost Giveaway
We are pleased to welcome back residents to this event in Fall 2021
What is it?
This is our annual ‘Thank You’ event for residents. There is a limit of four (4) bags per household of self-shoveled Grade A compost. Bags can hold approx. 25kg each. We will provide the bags and compost—you will need to provide the labour (fill your own bags and place in your vehicle).
Beginning Thursday, September 16 until Wednesday, September 29 OR until it’s gone! Compost will be available weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
East Hants Waste Management Centre (1306 Georgefield Road). To check availability or get directions, please call the Solid Waste Hotline at 1-888-873-3332.
What should I bring?
You will need a shovel and it is highly recommended that you wear quality gloves and boots/outdoor shoes.
**NEW for 2021**
- You must bring your own shovel (none will be available).
- There will be limited access to the compost pile to ensure social distancing for participants.
- You are able to pick up compost for one (1) other household as long as you have their registration form (link below). Therefore, you could shovel up to 8 bags of compost per visit. This is to assist in reducing wait times.
- Registration forms for each household (including your own) are to be filled out and presented to the scale house upon arrival at the site. There will be a no-contact drop-off bin for forms.
- Please be aware that staff are unable to assist in loading bags into vehicles.