Annual Compost Giveaway
Compost Available for Spring 2022
What is Happening?
The Compost Giveaway event is held annually to say thank you to our residents!. There is a limit of four (4) bags per household of self-shoveled Grade A compost. Bags can hold approx. 25kg each. Bags and compost provided—residents will need to provide the labour (fill your own bags and place in your vehicle).
Compost will be available starting Thursday, May 5 until Wednesday, May 18, OR until it’s gone!
East Hants Waste Management Centre (1306 Georgefield Road).
Weekdays from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
What should I bring?
Residents must bring their own shovel. Proper gloves and boots/outdoor shoes are recommended.
- Shovels will not be available at the site.
- There will be limited access to the compost pile to ensure social distancing for participants.
- You are able to pick up compost for one (1) other household as long as you have their registration form (link below). Therefore, you could shovel up to 8 bags of compost per visit. This is to assist in reducing wait times.
- Registration forms for each household (including your own) should be filled out and presented to the scale house upon arrival at the site. There will be a no-contact drop-off bin for forms.
- Please be aware that staff are unable to assist in loading bags into vehicles.
- Please note that businesses and community groups are not eligible for this event.