Information for Prospective Bidders at Tax Sale
In accordance with the provisions of the Municipal Government Act, part 6, section 134, properties situated in the Municipality of the District of East Hants will be sold at PUBLIC AUCTION at the:
Lloyd E Matheson Centre, Council Chambers, 15 Commerce Court, Elmsdale, Nova Scotia in June 2020.
The Municipality of the District of East Hants makes no representations or warranties to any purchaser regarding the boundaries, the fitness, geophysical or environmental suitability of the land(s) offered for sale for any particular use. Properties are being sold on an “as is” basis only.
- The lesser of minimum bid, or amount of taxes, interest and cost owing. The amount advertised to be paid at the time of sale by cash, money order, certified cheque from the bank (will not be accepted if not certified), Irrevocable letter of Credit, or lawyer’s trust cheque.
- Any applicable Deed Registration, fees and the balance of your bid is to be paid within three (3) business days after the sale.
- If you intend on bidding on multiple properties please prepare a separate minimum bid payment for each property.
- Tax sales may not clear up defects in title, a tax sale is intended to collect overdue taxes.
- If you are intending to clear up defects in the title of your property by way of a Tax Sale, you are advised to obtain a legal opinion as to whether or not this can be done.
- A tax deed conveys only the interest of the assessed owner, whatever that interest may be.
NOTE: For properties with less than 6 years taxes owing, the redemption period is 6 months, by the Municipal Government Act, Section 152.
ADVERTISEMENT OF 2020 PROPERTIES:
- The first advertisement will be noted in the Chronicle Herald in April 2020.
- The second advertisement will be noted in the Chronicle Herald in May 2020.
POSTING OF 2020 PROPERTIES:
- The first posting of these properties will be done in April 2020.
- The second posting will be done in May 2020.
Brian Enfield (902) 883-4313