Tourism and Events Supervisor
This opportunity is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications. Please look for our current employment opportunities on our employment page.
Location: Elmsdale, NS
You love planning and managing all the details of a great marketing or tourism related event, you have operational and team leadership experience managing a tourism site, facility, or natural attraction, and you are passionate about creating a memorable and rewarding experience for visitors and residents who visit our tourism destinations.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are currently recruiting for a Tourism and Events Supervisor to develop and manage our Municipal /Corporate Tourism events portfolio, to manage seasonal operational activities at Burntcoat Head Park and Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre, and to develop strategies to enhance and promote the tourism assets of East Hants.
• University degree in Tourism or related field such as business, planning, marketing, or equivalent.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a tourism, marketing, and /or events-related field.
• Demonstrated experience managing a professional and customer-service focused team.
• Demonstrated experience managing large events and/or a site, facility, or natural attraction.
• Experience in community engagement, marketing communications, marketing strategy, online strategy development and execution.
• Experience in tourism and events development within the public sector would be considered an asset.
• Strong team-leadership skills, relationship building skills, and a strategic and creative thinker.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with MS Office Suite, client relationship management software, social media channels, and project management tools.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license for frequent travel to tourism sites.
• This position works daily on-site at municipal tourism sites during the tourism season.
• The incumbent of this position must be flexible in hours of work in order to attend meetings and events that could occur outside of normal office hours.
Salary Range: $53, 238 - $66, 546
Deadline to apply: February 3, 2022
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6203.