Supervisory Position, Burntcoat Head Park
Location: Burntcoat Head, NS
We are recruiting for a full-time summer Supervisory position to fill future opportunities for our 2019 summer season. The successful candidate will join our team at Burntcoat Head Park, site of the world’s highest tides, home to a Lighthouse Museum and Gift Shop and the opportunity for visitors to experience the ocean floor at low tide.
This is a great opportunity to learn about the geological and biological uniqueness about the Bay of Fundy, engage and educate visitors from around the world, and promote the tourism industry in our Municipality and Province.
Responsibilities: Training, supervision, and scheduling of park staff, ensure OH&S compliance, conduct routine facility checks, management of equipment/supply inventories, supervise retail sales operations, deliver education programs and provide interpretation of the site to visitors, lead guided tours of the ocean floor, participate in developing and implementing tour and education programs, participation in major events held at the site, participate in social media management.
• Completed or working towards post-secondary education in tourism, science, or history; equivalent combination of education and experience; or familiarity with the local area including the Bay of Fundy
• Previous experience with supervision of staff and operations in a tourism related site would be an asset
• Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills
• Comfortable leading groups of visitors on guided tours and educational experiences
• Experience with the operation of a tourism facility would be an asset
• Knowledge and use of social media platforms
• Basic computer skills
• Comfortable in a working alone environment
• Willing to work weekends and holidays
• This position is subject to criminal records and child abuse registry checks
Review of applications will commence March 8, 2019 with an anticipated start date of May 2019.
The hourly rate will commensurate with your qualifications.