Seasonal – Visitor Experience Staff
Location: Burntcoat Head Park and Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre, NS
Do you love helping others and meeting new people? Are you proud of where you call home and want to share it with the world? If you believe East Hants’ high tides and natural charm are something to be celebrated, apply to join our Visitor Experience Team for summer 2023. Successful candidates will work at Burntcoat Head Park and/or the Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre.
East Hants, NS is home to the world’s highest tides, recorded at Burntcoat Head Park - a premiere Bay of Fundy natural attraction, welcoming thousands of visitors annually. It is home to a Lighthouse Museum and Gift Shop, and the opportunity to explore the ocean floor at low tide. The Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre is East Hants’ official visitor information centre and welcomes tourists to learn and experience the tidal bore, as well and culture and heritage of our area. Both sites are key drivers of tourism activity for East Hants and the Central Nova Scotia region.
As part of our visitor experience team, you will promote the natural uniqueness of the Bay of Fundy, create memorable experiences for guests from around the world, and promote the tourism industry in our Municipality and Province.
Responsibilities: Act as a front-line ambassador of our area to visitors from around the world, deliver information and education to guests, maintain a safe and clean workspace (light lifting and cleaning duties required), work outdoors and in a fast-paced team environment, participate in events.
• Experience or familiarity with the local area, including the Bay of Fundy
• Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills
• Ability to speak to groups of people and a make great first impression
• Knowledge and use of social media platforms
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office and Excel)
• Retail/cash-handling experience
• Comfortable in a working alone environment as well as working with a team
• Post-secondary education in tourism, science, or history would be an asset
• Experience with the operation of a tourism facility would be an asset
• Positions subject to criminal records checks
Starting rate: $15.34 /hour
Hours: Full and part time positions available, up to 40 hours/week.
Applicants must be available to work most weekends and holidays.
Review of applications will commence on March 13, 2023 with start dates ranging from mid-May to late June, and end dates ranging from September 1 to mid-October.
When applying, please specify which location(s) you are applying for: Burntcoat Head Park or Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre.
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6216.