Seasonal – Recreation Program Leaders
Location: Elmsdale, NS
We are accepting applications for full-time seasonal Recreation Program Leaders for our 2023 summer season. The successful candidates will be part of the team that leads inclusive recreation programming for a variety of age groups in communities around East Hants and at the East Hants Aquatic Centre.
Responsibilities: In collaboration with the Recreation Program Supervisor, Recreation Program Leaders are responsible to lead recreation programs including supervision of participants in all activities, ensuring effective communication with caregivers and participants, daily opening and closing of facilities, managing administrative tasks such as safety checks and daily reports, and ensuring the safety and well-being of all participants. With support from the Summer Camp Supervisor, Recreation Program Leaders are responsible to provide appropriate care and adaptative inclusion supports as needed.
• Preference will be given to candidates interested in pursuing studies in Recreation, Therapeutic Recreation, Child and Youth Studies, Psychology, Education, Social Work and/or training in a related field
• Enthusiastic, dependable and capable of working in a team environment without direct supervision
• Experience working with children and youth in a recreation setting preferred
• Experience working with individuals requiring inclusion support an asset
• First Aid and CPR certification an asset, willingness to obtain required
• Ability and willingness to travel to communities around East Hants and the East Hants Aquatic Centre
• Comfortable working in an indoor pool environment
• Clean criminal records and child abuse registry checks required prior to date of hire
Position Start Date: June 26, 2023
Position End Date: August 25, 2023
Hours: 42 hours p/week
Hourly rate: $15.00/hour
Review of applications will commence March 20, 2023
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6216.