Reception/Administrative Support (Term)
Location: Elmsdale, NS
We are recruiting for an Administrative Assistant to join our team for a 7-month term.
The Administrative Assistant provides reception services and administrative support for the Planning & Development department and the Parks, Recreation, & Culture department.
• Act as the first point of contact at the Planning & Development and Parks, Recreation, & Culture Reception desk. Respond to public inquiries by phone, email, and in-person, and direct members of the public to the appropriate staff person(s).
• Coordinate office supplies, manage incoming and outgoing mail, schedule appointments, maintain efficient record management systems, and other office management duties.
• Provide day-to-day administrative support services to the two departments including the preparation of correspondence, reports, and other various administrative tasks as requested.
• Manage and provide support around records management systems for both departments.
• Provide support for events planning in both departments.
• Completion of two (2) year community college level certificate / diploma related to administrative services or equivalent combination of education and experience
• One (1) year experience in an office environment, reception role, or administrative role, municipal experience an asset
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite.
• Demonstrated experience in providing excellent customer service
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Thorough understanding of working with confidential information
• Self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills to meet the challenges of a busy work environment
• This position may occasionally require evening or weekend work for events or meetings on a pre-planned basis.
Salary Range: $41,009 -$51,261 per annum
Deadline to apply: August 15, 2022
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6203.