Recreation Program Staff
Location: Elmsdale, NS (travel throughout East Hants required)
East Hants is a vibrant, flourishing community centrally located in Nova Scotia and in close proximity to the Halifax Regional Municipality, Truro and the Bay of Fundy.
We are looking for full-time seasonal Recreation Program Staff for our 2021 summer season. The successful candidates will be part of the team that designs and leads our day camp programs for a variety of age groups in communities around East Hants and at the East Hants Aquatic Centre.
Responsibilities: The Recreation Program Staff will design and lead day camp programs including supervising participants in all activities, ensuring close interaction with caregivers of participants, opening and closing facilities each day, following and ensuring public health measures and directives are in place, managing administrative tasks such as safety checks and daily reports, and ensuring the safety and well-being of all participants.
• Preference will be given to candidates pursuing studies in Recreation, Education or related field
• Enthusiastic, motivated, energetic and reliable and with an understanding of child development
• First Aid, CPR and High Five Training would be an asset
• Comfortable working in an indoor pool environment
• Previous experience working with children and youth in a recreational setting
• Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle required
Positions are subject to child abuse registry and criminal records checks.
Hourly rate: $13.45/hour
Review of applications will commence March 12, 2021 with anticipated start dates in July 2021.
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6203.