Recreation Program Leader
Location: Elmsdale, NS (travel throughout East Hants required)
East Hants is a vibrant, flourishing community centrally located in Nova Scotia and in close proximity to the Halifax Regional Municipality, Truro and the Bay of Fundy.
We are looking for full-time seasonal Recreation Program Leaders for our 2021 summer season. The successful candidates will be part of the team that designs and leads our day camp programs for a variety of age groups in communities around East Hants and at the East Hants Aquatic Centre.
Responsibilities: The Recreation Program Leaders will be responsible for the overall supervision of programming, supporting staff in planning and managing programs, participating in programs, assisting with registrations and receipts, coaching/mentoring of staff, managing inventory and reporting, following and ensuring public health measures and directives are in place and ensuring a safe and positive experience for all participants.
• Preference will be given to candidates pursuing studies in Recreation, Education or related field
• Experience coaching or mentoring of recreation staff would be an asset
• Enthusiastic, motivated, energetic and reliable and with an understanding of child development
• Comfortable working in an indoor pool environment
• First Aid, CPR and High Five Training would be an asset
• Previous experience working with children and youth in a recreational setting
• Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle required
Positions are subject to child abuse registry and criminal records checks.
Hourly rate: $14.45/hour
Review of applications will commence March 12, 2021 with anticipated start dates in July 2021.
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or (902) 883-6203.