This opportunity is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications. Please look for our current employment opportunities on our employment page.
Location: Elmsdale, NS
We are currently recruiting for a Procurement Officer to act as the primary point of contact for procurement services.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Procurement Officer will lead the development and continuous improvement of procurement policies and processes, assist departments with procurement activities, provide contract management support, and oversee the municipal risk and insurance portfolio.
• Undergraduate degree in business or related field; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Recognized purchasing designation/accreditation would be considered an asset (i.e. Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO) or Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP)).
• Candidate must have completed procurement courses in a recognized program (i.e., CPPO, SCMP, CPPB, NECI, etc.).
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in procurement and contract management. Public sector experience would be considered an asset.
• Experience working in Enterprise Risk Management and SAP would be considered an asset.
• Ability to proactively develop positive and professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated skills in taking initiative, planning and good judgment.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, as well as conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and act with a high level of personal integrity.
• Thorough knowledge of internal control procedures and procurement methods/procedures.
• Ability to use MS Office suite and other related software programs at an intermediate level.
• Ability to interpret various acts and regulations such as the Municipal Government Act, Public Procurement Act, trade agreements, Council policy.
Salary Range: $71, 783 - $89, 728
Deadline to apply: November 26, 2021
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or (902) 883-6203.