Location: Elmsdale, NS
The Municipality of East Hants is currently accepting applications for the position of Policy Analyst.
Reporting to the Manager, Real Estate and Corporate Projects, the Policy Analyst is responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing management of Administrative Policies. The Policy Analyst also coordinates and manages research and special projects for the Chief Administrative Officer and Council.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, or a related field
• Minimum four (4) years related experience, preferably in a public sector environment
• Previous experience in research and policy writing in a public sector environment an asset
• Previous experience interpreting and working with legal documentation
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be given consideration
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent research skills
• Strong project management skills with the ability to operate within tight timelines and budgets
• Self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills to meet the challenges of an extremely busy work environment
• Comfortable working independently on research projects, and providing recommendations on a wide range of topics and issues
• Thorough understanding of working with confidential information
• Ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel at an advanced level. Familiarity with SAP and PowerPoint an asset
Salary Range: $55,385 - $69,230
Deadline to apply: June 20, 2021
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human
Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6203.