Location: Elmsdale, NS
Reporting to the Manager of Real Estate and Corporate Projects, the Policy Analyst is responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing management of Administrative Policies. This role also coordinates and manages research and special projects for the Chief Administrative Officer and Council.
• Develop, evaluate, maintain, and update Administrative and Council Policies. Support departments with service area-specific policy needs.
• Conduct research on new and emerging topics and trends related to municipal governance. Identify policy issues, legislative requirements, gather statistics and data, communicate with stakeholders, and explore and recommend Policy-related solutions.
• Facilitate special studies and projects for the CAO and Council. Develop and implement work plans, identify and define key initiatives and outcomes, conduct research, write policy papers, make recommendations, and make presentations as appropriate. Participate in and/or lead corporate initiatives, as requested.
• Continuous Improvement – Support continuous improvements initiatives and the East Hants Asset Management Program, in particular corporate-wide asset-related projects, levels of service, and performance metrics.
• Partnerships – Build strong relationships with local and regional partners, including at the federal and provincial levels, other municipalities, and government agencies and groups in order to explore partnerships and share knowledge around municipal policy initiatives.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, or a related field.
• Minimum of three (3) years related experience, preferably in a public sector environment.
• Previous experience in research, policy and legislative interpretation, and policy writing in a public sector environment is an asset.
• Previous experience interpreting and working with legal documentation.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be given consideration.
• Ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel at an advanced level.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable with public speaking and making presentations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to operate within tight timelines and budgets.
• Self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills to meet the challenges of an extremely busy work environment.
• Comfortable working independently on research projects, and providing recommendations on a wide range of topics and issues.
• This position may be required to attend evening meetings which would qualify for overtime pay.
Salary Range: $61,982 - $77,476 /annually
Deadline to apply: September 25, 2023
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6203