Planning and Development Technician
This opportunity is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications. Please look for our current employment opportunities on our employment page.
Location: Elmsdale, NS
We are recruiting for a Planning and Development Technician to coordinate administrative duties related to subdivision and development control, coordinate civic addressing for the municipality, provide GIS support and work with our team on a variety of planning projects.
• University Degree in Geography or related field, with a Diploma in Geographic Information Sciences preferred.
• Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and GIS systems
• Experience with ESRI GIS suite including desktop, online and enterprise
• Strong interpersonal, technical, and public relation skills
• Advanced written and oral communication skills
• Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
• Eligibility for membership in the Municipal Development Officers Association of Nova Scotia, Atlantic Association of Geomatics and Planning and Canadian Association of Certified Planning Technicians considered an asset
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be given consideration
Salary Range: $45,942 - $57,427
Deadline to apply: September 8, 2021
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or (902) 883-6203.