Parks Maintenance Staff
Location: Elmsdale, NS
We are recruiting for full-time seasonal Parks Maintenance Workers to fill opportunities for our 2021 summer season. The successful candidates will be part of the team that maintains our Municipal parks, trails and playgrounds.
Responsibilities: General maintenance for our parks, trails, and playgrounds: health and safety inspections, property beautification, operation of light vehicles, mowers, small grass cutting/hedge trimming machinery, transport of equipment and supplies, cleaning, clearing brush, waste disposal, and providing visitor information.
• Related education and/or experience
• Experience with gas-powered and hand tools that pertain to maintaining outdoor areas
• Experience with zero-turn mowers an asset
• Capable of performing physical and manual labour associated with maintaining outdoor areas
• General knowledge of mowing standards and horticultural practices
• Class 5 drivers licence
Successful candidates may be requested to provide a criminal records check and driver's abstract.
Positions are available with end dates in August, September, and October.
Reviewing of applications will commence March 12, 2021 with an anticipated start date of mid to late-May 2021, start date depending on seasonal weather conditions.
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6203.
The hourly rate will commensurate with your qualifications.