Parks Maintenance Worker
This opportunity is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications. Please look for our current employment opportunities on our employment page.
Location: Elmsdale, NS
We are recruiting for full-time seasonal Parks Maintenance Workers to fill future opportunities for our 2019 summer season. The successful candidates will be part of the team that maintains our Municipal parks, trails and playgrounds.
Responsibilities: General maintenance for our parks, trails, and playgrounds: health and safety inspections, property beautification, operation of light vehicles, mowers, small grass cutting/hedge trimming machinery, transport of equipment and supplies, cleaning, clearing brush, waste disposal, and providing visitor information.
• Diploma in Horticulture and/or related or relevant experience
• Experience with gas powered and hand tools that pertain to maintaining outdoor areas
• Experience with zero-turn mowers considered an asset
• Capable of performing physical and manual labour associated with maintaining outdoor areas
• General knowledge of mowing standards and horticultural practices
• Class 5 drivers licence
Successful candidates may be requested to provide a criminal records check and drivers abstract.
Reviewing of applications will commence March 8, 2019 with an anticipated start date of mid-May, 2019.
The hourly rate will commensurate with your qualifications.