Parks Maintenance Worker (Term August 22-October 28)
This opportunity is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications. Please look for our current employment opportunities on our employment page.
Location: Elmsdale, NS
We are recruiting for a full-time seasonal Parks Maintenance Worker to fill a term from approx. August 22 – October 28, 2022. The successful candidate will be part of the team that maintains our growing Municipal parks, trails and playgrounds.
Responsibilities: General maintenance for our parks, trails, and playgrounds: health and safety inspections, property beautification, operation of light vehicles, mowers, small grass cutting/hedge trimming machinery, transport of equipment and supplies, cleaning, clearing brush, waste disposal, and providing visitor information.
• Related education and/or experience
• Experience with gas powered and hand tools that pertain to maintaining outdoor areas
• Experience with zero-turn mowers an asset
• Capable of performing physical and manual labour associated with maintaining outdoor areas
• General knowledge of mowing standards and horticultural practices
• Class 5 drivers license
Successful candidates may be requested to provide criminal records check and drivers abstract.
Hourly Rate: $16.50 - $20.63
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6216.