Manager of Water & Wastewater Services
This opportunity is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications. Please look for our current employment opportunities on our employment page.
Location: Elmsdale, NS
We are recruiting for a Manager of Water & Wastewater Services to join our team.
Reporting directly to the Director of Infrastructure & Operations, the Manager of Water & Wastewater Services is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the East Hants Water Utility and the wastewater collection & treatment function. Duties include ensuring resources are available to conduct operations and maintenance for various systems, working with Supervisors to ensure projects and inspections are planned and actioned, managing service contracts, and budgeting activities.
• Professional Engineering Designation in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering.
• Minimum 5 years related experience or equivalent, preferably in a Municipal Government setting.
• Minimum 3 years experience in a management or supervisory role.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• PMP Designation or Operator Certification(s) are considered an asset.
• Completion of certificates in WHMIS, First Aid, Confined Spaces, Chlorine Handling, Traffic Control and Signage, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, Trenching and Excavation Safety are considered an asset.
• Thorough knowledge of municipal policies, law and regulations applicable to the field of public works including equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in public water supply and distribution systems, sewer collection and treatment systems, storm drainage systems; pipe installation, connection and repair, construction inspection of Municipal Services and building maintenance.
• Experience with project management and procurement management
• Strong communicator capable of engaging and empowering staff to take ownership of day-to-day functions.
• Must have a valid class V driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
• Ability to be on-call in order to provide back-up to Supervisors as required.
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6216
The Municipality offers a competitive benefit package and the salary range for this position is $80,880 to $101,100.