Manager of Recreation & Aquatics
This opportunity is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications. Please look for our current employment opportunities on our employment page.
Location: Elmsdale, NS
We are recruiting for a Manager of Recreation & Aquatics to join our team at an exciting time as we transition to our new aquatic centre, scheduled to open in the fall of 2019. The new aquatic centre will include a six-lane, 25-metre lap pool, leisure pool with spray features and ramp access, lazy river resistance moving-water pool, waterslide, climbing wall in the pool, outdoor splash park, multi-purpose room, and many more modern features.
The Manager of Recreation & Aquatics is responsible for developing aquatic and recreation plans, programming, and policies in support of the Municipality’s strategic plans, as well as managing, leading, and coaching a team of recreation professionals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Business, or a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience including 2 years in a supervisory role; Experience in a facility management role is considered an asset
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be given consideration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as public speaking skills
- Ability to manage tight timelines and budgets
- Strategic thinker who is open to new ideas, managing change, and a willingness to learn
- Experience with MS Office products and social media platforms
- Workload is frequently unpredictable and includes attending meetings, events, and activities outside of normal office hours
- This position is subject to child abuse registry and criminal records checks