Manager of Economic and Business Development
Location: Elmsdale, NS
The Manager of Economic and Business Development is responsible for supporting economic and business development in the Municipality, strategic and operational planning, the attraction and retention of businesses in East Hants, and has overall responsibility for the Municipality’s business parks.
Resumes will begin being reviewed for candidate selection on August 26, 2019.
- University degree in Commerce, Business Administration or related field, Ec.D. designation would be an asset
- Previous experience leading a team providing professional services
- 5+ years experience in Industrial /Commercial Development, Real Estate Sales and/or Marketing
- Knowledge of municipal government, planning and economic development legislation, development approval processes, business park development, infrastructure requirements for business development, project management and taxation structures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with citizens, business owners, developers, financiers and other government agencies
- Knowledge of research methodology and statistics, management practices, financial management, contract management, banking and real estate practices
- Strong project management skills and negotiation techniques