Lead Skate Instructor
Location: Elmsdale, NS
The Municipality of East Hants is seeking applications for a casual Lead Skate Instructor to join our team.
In collaboration with the Community Recreation Coordinator, the Lead Skate Instructor is responsible to plan and facilitate Fundamental learn to skate instruction to various aged participants.
Responsibilities: The Lead Skate Instructor is a reliable, enthusiastic, self-starter, capable of adapting lesson plans to various skating levels in a safe and inclusive environment. The Lead Skate Instructor ensures effective communication with assistant instructors, volunteers, parents and participants.
• National Coaching Certification Program accreditation considered an asset
• Experience providing skating lessons
• Experience working with or volunteering with all ages, (children, youth and adults) in a recreation setting preferred
• Basic understanding of healthy child development
• Current Basic Workplace First Aid/CPR, or willingness to obtain an asset
• Clean and current child abuse registry and criminal record checks required
Programs will be offered at the East Hants Sportsplex, but may be extended to other areas to serve the Municipality.
Hours: 5-10 hours /week
Hourly rate: $30/hour
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or (902) 883-6216.