Interpretive Guides – Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre
Location: South Maitland, NS
We are recruiting for Interpretive Guides for our 2022 summer season. The successful candidates will join our tourism team at Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre, which operates as a tourism site and a Visitor Information Centre.
This is a great opportunity to learn about the geological and biological uniqueness about the Bay of Fundy and the Tidal Bore phenomenon, engage and educate visitors from around the world, and promote the tourism industry in our Municipality and Province.
Responsibilities: Deliver education programs and provide interpretation of the site to visitors, provide visitors with information on local services and other attractions, lead tours, participate in developing and implementing education programs, follow and promote public health measures and directives, operation of the facility, and maintain a healthy, safe, and clean site.
• Completed or working towards post-secondary education in tourism, science, or history; equivalent combination of education and experience; or familiarity with the local area including the Bay of Fundy
• Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills
• Comfortable leading groups of visitors through educational experiences
• Experience with the operation of a tourism facility would be an asset
• Knowledge and use of social media platforms
• Basic computer skills
• Comfortable in a working alone environment
• Valid Drivers License and access to reliable transportation
• Willing to work weekends and holidays
• This position is subject to criminal records and child abuse registry checks
Starting Rate: $14.89 / hr
Hours: Up to 40 hours/week
Review of applications will commence March 28, 2022 with an anticipated start date of May 2022.
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or (902) 883-6203.