Interpretative Guide, Fundy Tidal Interpretative Centre
This opportunity is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications. Please look for our current employment opportunities on our employment page.
Location: South Maitland, NS
We are recruiting for full-time summer Interpretative Guides to fill future opportunities for our 2019 summer season. The successful candidates will join our tourism team at Fundy Tidal Interpretative Centre, which operates as a tourism site and a Visitor Information Centre.
This is a great opportunity to learn about the geological and biological uniqueness about the Bay of Fundy and the Tidal Bore phenomenon, engage and educate visitors from around the world, and promote the tourism industry in our Municipality and Province.
Responsibilities: Deliver education programs and provide interpretation of the site to visitors, provide visitors with information on local services and other attractions, lead tours, participate in developing and implementing education programs, operation of the facility, and maintain a healthy, safe, and clean site.
• Completed or working towards post-secondary education in tourism, science, or history; equivalent combination of education and experience; or familiarity with the local area including the Bay of Fundy
• Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills
• Comfortable leading groups of visitors through educational experiences
• Experience with the operation of a tourism facility would be an asset
• Knowledge and use of social media platforms
• Basic computer skills
• Comfortable in a working alone environment
• Willing to work weekends and holidays
• This position is subject to criminal records and child abuse registry checks
Review of applications will commence March 8, 2019 with an anticipated start date of May or early June, 2019.