Interpretative Guide, Burntcoat Head Park
This opportunity is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications. Please look for our current employment opportunities on our employment page.
Location: Burntcoat Head, NS
We are recruiting for full-time summer Interpretative Guides to fill future opportunities for our 2019 summer season. The successful candidates will join our team at Burntcoat Head Park, site of the world’s highest tides, home to a Lighthouse Museum and Gift Shop and the opportunity for visitors to experience the ocean floor at low tide.
This is a great opportunity to learn about the geological and biological uniqueness about the Bay of Fundy, engage and educate visitors from around the world, and promote the tourism industry in our Municipality and Province.
Responsibilities: Deliver education programs and provide interpretation of the site to visitors, lead guided tours of the ocean floor, participate in developing and implementing tour and education programs, management of the retail space, participation in major events held at the site, and maintain a healthy, safe, and clean site.
• Completed or working towards post-secondary education in tourism, science, or history; equivalent combination of education and experience; or familiarity with the local area including the Bay of Fundy
• Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills
• Comfortable leading groups of visitors on guided tours and educational experiences
• Experience with the operation of a tourism facility would be an asset
• Knowledge and use of social media platforms
• Basic computer skills
• Willing to work weekends and holidays
• Comfortable in a working alone environment
• Positions subject to child abuse registry and criminal records checks
Review of applications will commence March 8, 2019 with an anticipated start date of May or early June, 2019.