Human Resources/OH&S Officer
This opportunity is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications. Please look for our current employment opportunities on our employment page.
Location: Elmsdale, NS
The Municipality of East Hants is a vibrant, flourishing community centrally located in Nova Scotia and in close proximity to Halifax Regional Municipality, Truro and the Bay of Fundy.
Applications are currently being accepted from experienced human resource professionals for the full-time position of Human Resources Officer. Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, this position acts as the subject matter expert in the areas of Human Resources and Occupational Health and Safety.
This position is responsible for:
- Developing HR strategies, policies and procedures,
- Managing the HR responsibilities in the areas of recruitment and on-boarding, performance management, employee relations, training & education and compensation & benefits,
- Maintaining OH&S programs and policies; and
- Maintaining the financial administration of the HR and OH&S operating budgets.
- Completion of a Bachelor Degree with concentration in human resource management or Bachelor degree and a certificate in Human Resource management.
- CPHR designation (formally known as CHRP).
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience, preferably in a public sector environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Must have excellent inter-personnel skills especially in the area of conflict resolution and relationship building.
- Must be self-directed with exceptional organizational, time management and decision making skills.
The salary will commensurate with your qualifications and experience.