Human Resources Generalist
This opportunity is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications. Please look for our current employment opportunities on our employment page.
Location: Elmsdale, NS
We are recruiting for a Human Resources Generalist to join our team.
Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist provides professional support in the areas of recruitment, employee relations, training and development, compensation and benefits, and other related activities. The position also participates in Occupational Health and Safety activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in human resources management or Bachelor’s degree and a certificate in Human Resources management
• Two (2) years related Human Resources experience, public sector experience would be an asset
• CPHR designation or working towards designation
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be given consideration
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality
• Advanced MS Office suite skills. Familiarity with SAP would be an asset
• Strong project management skills with the ability to operate within tight timelines and budgets
• Self-directed with exceptional organizational and time management skills to meet the challenges of a busy work environment
• Excellent decision maker with sound judgment skills
The Municipality offers a competitive benefit package and the salary range for this position is $40,155 to $50,194.