Heavy Equipment Operator
Location: Georgefield, NS
Do you have experience using heavy equipment at work or at home? Are you mechanically inclined? Are you interested in a career with lots of great benefits including a fixed schedule with no evening/night work, working with a variety of heavy equipment, and the best team around? Then we want to hear from you!
We are recruiting for a Heavy Equipment Operator to join our Solid Waste team.
This position operates heavy equipment and machinery at the East Hants Waste Management Centre in Georgefield, NS. This position also performs minor equipment repairs, participates in general maintenance for site buildings and grounds, and supports activities in the scale house.
• Successful completion of Grade 12 or GED equivalent.
• Familiarity and experience with operating heavy equipment.
• Heavy Equipment Operator certification or be willing to participate in a training program sponsored by the Municipality.
• Mechanically inclined with the ability to carry out minor mechanical repairs on equipment.
• Physically able to lift up to 70 pounds and perform strenuous activities over long periods of time.
• Valid class 5 driver’s license. Drivers abstract required.
• Ability to work during the operational hours of the Waste Management Centre, including rotational Saturdays.
• Clean criminal record check.
• This position qualifies for overtime pay and the workload of this position may vary at times requiring some overtime.
• May work under extreme weather conditions and around loud noises, foul odours, and garbage or waste materials.
Annual Salary: $46,246 - $57,808
Deadline to apply: Resumes will start being reviewed in mid-February
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or (902) 883-6203