Director of Corporate Services
Location: Elmsdale, NS
The Municipality of East Hants is currently accepting applications for the position of Director of Corporate Services!
As a key member of our Senior Management team, the Director of Corporate Services has accountability over Corporate Services within the organization, including Information Management and Technology, Procurement, Economic and Business Development, Real Estate, Asset Management, Administrative Policies, and Fire Services. The Director of Corporate Services also provides information and strategic advice to the CAO and Council.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field
• Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience at a Senior Leadership role with multi-disciplinary direct reports, preferably in a municipal environment
• A broad understanding of municipal government processes and legislation
• Demonstrated team leadership abilities
• Proven experience in a fast paced, multi-stakeholder environment
• Excellent interpersonal, written communication, presentation and customer service skills with the ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment
• Superior analytical and strategic thinking skills
• Experience with budgeting and strategic planning
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, knowledge of and experience using digital communication tools/applications/devices and other related databases
For a complete job description and information on how to apply, please visit easthants.ca/employment
Deadline to apply: June 28, 2021
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6203.
Note: This position is being filled in relation to an upcoming retirement.