Daytime Lifeguards – East Hants Aquatic Centre
This opportunity is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications. Please look for our current employment opportunities on our employment page.
Location: Elmsdale, NS
We are currently accepting applications for Lifeguards to join our Aquatics team. No experience? We will provide all of the training you need to begin your career as a Lifeguard with East Hants. Ideal for retirees, stay-at-home parents, and anyone who can swim and is looking a fun and flexible job!
After completion of our training program, shifts available for days, evenings, and weekends, flexible scheduling. Preference for the training program will be given to candidates available for daytime shifts.
The successful candidates will be part of the team that transitions to our new aquatic centre, scheduled to open in late fall of 2019. The new aquatic centre will include a six-lane, 25-metre lap pool, leisure pool with spray features and ramp access, lazy river resistance moving-water pool, waterslide, climbing wall in the pool, outdoor splash park, multi-purpose room, and many more modern features.
• Experienced Lifeguards: National Lifeguard with Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
• For candidates new to Lifeguarding: Able to swim, and comfortable performing activities in water. The training program will include developing strength and fitness in water in order to perform the duties of a lifeguard
• Comfortable working in a busy, customer service-oriented, team environment
• Available for shift work in daytime. Shifts in evenings and weekends also available. Scheduling is flexible.
• These positions are subject to child abuse registry and criminal records checks.