Community Development Coordinator – 18 Month Term
Location: Elmsdale, NS
We are recruiting for a Community Development Coordinator to join our Parks, Recreation, and Culture team for an 18-month term position.
The Community Development Coordinator works with non-profit groups to encourage community development through supporting community initiatives and programs, facilitating workshops and training, providing access to various tools and strategies for program and project development, as well as providing advice and guidance around volunteer recruitment, training, recognition and retention.
The salary range for this position is $42,461 to $53,076.
- Post-secondary education in Recreation or a related field
- Two (2) years of experience working with community groups or in a public service environment
- Experience facilitating workshops or training sessions
- Demonstrated ability to form effective working relationships within a community
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills
- Research, report and policy writing skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite and social media platforms
- Hours include some weekends and evenings as well as travel throughout the Municipality to effectively support community organizations and needs
- Valid driver’s license